Storyline stopped working

May 24, 2013

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing problems with Articulate Storyline. Up to yesterday everthing was working fine. Now, when I am trying to open either a .story file or Articulate Storyline by itself I get the following error:

I haven't updated the software recently. Also, I tried the suggestions posted here http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=st1&id=gdz9t4lj0g7w, unfortunatley, the problem still persists.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

4 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Welcome to the community, Isabell!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this.

Can you clarify a few points, please? This happens when you try to open any .STORY file and when you try to launch Storyline correct? Does Storyline open at all, or does this error appear immediately after you've clicked on the shortcut or icon?

What operating system are you running? Did you complete all of the steps for that operating system outlined in the article you referenced? 

Has there been any modification or changes on the machine recently? Do you know if you have administrative rights on your profile for the machine?

Thanks!

Isabell Pechtl

Hi Christine,

Thanks for your reply, I have actually also submitted a support call.

To answer your additional questions, Storyline does not open at all. The error pops up immediately, also when reinstalling/repairing the program.

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit. And yes, I did try all the steps. However, I am running on .net framework 4.5 (company requirement) which does not allow me to activate 3.5.

There has not been any modification other than the upgrade to .net 4.5 as far as I know.

Thanks and best regards,

Isabell

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Isabell,

Thanks very much for getting back to me :)

I was able to find your support case (#00335380 for my reference). I see that Miker is currently working with you on this. 

Looks like he just sent out some additional troubleshooting suggestions for this issue, as well.

I'll try to keep an eye on the case and follow up with you here on the forums. 

Thanks very much!

Christine

Christine Hendrickson

Good morning Isabell!

I was checking in on your case today and it looks like you were able to resolve this issue. Sounds like it may have been a problem with the 3.5 .NET framework. 

I'm happy to hear that you're up and running, now. If you experience any other trouble, or if it turns out the fix you used didn't resolve the issue, please let us know.

Thanks and have a great day!

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.