Storyline template question

Sep 25, 2014

Hello everyone,

We are trying to create a GUI template and recently hired a company to create one in Storyline.  They sent us two files, one with the .story extension and one with the .storytemplate extension.  Unfortunately, I don't see any difference.  I opened both by clicking on the file and opening them through Storyline and got the exact same results. We want to be able to import a PowerPoint and have it match the template provided to us, but I can't seem to find that feature.  So, my question is twofold:

1.) How do I apply a template to an imported PowerPoint?

2.) What's the difference between .story and .storytemplate?

Thank you all.

Aaron

5 Replies
Aaron Moskowitz

Nicole,

I had watched this video and it looks like the templates feature is just a set-up for individual slides.  So it would be the same as if I created a bunch of slides in Storyline without text, then just copied those slides into another presentation?  What I'm hoping for is kind of like the design feature in PowerPoint.  I have a basic slide deck, then I click a single button and all of them change to a new and similar look and feel.  Is there a button that will do this?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.