Storyline update 5

Mar 27, 2014

Greetings,

Would anyone like to share the current status / issues of update 5.

I am still using update 4, although I have downloaded update 5, as I am a little apprehensive about it affecting my existing files.

Will moving to update 5 cause headaches or are there things I should be aware of?

Thank in advance.

9 Replies
Frank Pietrantoni

I've actually been having issues of storyline locking up and/or crashing since I upgraded to 5.  These are siginificant in that the only way to resolve the lock-up is to use Windows Task Manager to force Storyline to shut down. I'm running WIn 7 64bit with 8G RAM , and  all my other programs (including Cpativate 7, Sony Vegas 12, Adobe CS6) are operating fine.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Philip,

You won't be able to have update 4 and 5 on the same computer together - although you could have one of them on a virtual machine. I have that set up and have placed update 4 on my virtual machine. 

Trav, 

I tried this on my own files, and the formatting and text remained between layers. I even was able to copy it onto a new slide's layer and the formatting remained. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.