Storyline won't open :(

May 05, 2016

Hi,

I have storyline installed on my work computer. Today I took it home and tried to open the programme - nothing happens when I try to open. Its installed locslly in my laptop. Please help me!

6 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Pati -- Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear of your troubles! 

The Articulate End User License Agreement (EULA) entitles a single user to install Articulate Storyline on a maximum of two computers, such as a home computer and a work computer. If you need to install it on additional computers or would like for more than one individual to use it, you'll need to purchase additional licenses.

If you have installed on the two machines alloted per license, and still cannot open Storyline 2 on one of them, please see this article for troubleshooting steps to hopefully address the problem. If issues persist, I'd recommend that you reach out to our Support Engineers for additional technical assistance using this form

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cillista, 

Storyline should open regardless of wifi network or physical location of your computer. Can you let me know what version of Storyline you're using? I can share with you some specific repair steps then which are a good first step to resolve this.

When you go to click on the Storyline program (either the shortcut on your desktop or the program as listed in your start menu) you mentioned you don't see an error message - what happens? Does it appear like it's loading? 

cillista slider

Hi Ashley, I have Storyline 2. I emailed support but all of the repairs suggested were really just to remove and reinstall Storyline. I know it's not to do with the wifi etc. as I've tried multiple wifi sources/providers, and I've switched the laptop to airplane mode with no luck. I now assume its either an issue with Storyline itself or something on the laptop itself blocking it from initialising. When I click on it I get the brief blue circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I do have two trial versions of Storyline 3 and Storyline 360 on my laptop which open fine (although the trial period has ended and so it just closes).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.