Storyline2 changes 100% in embedded video code to pixels

Oct 05, 2016

Hi,

We have a problem with inserting an embedded video file from Kontiki in Storyline2. When we add the embed code, we change the width and height to 100%, so the video also scales when we scale the e-learning window.

Storyline now changes this 100% back to pixels (in our case the size of the project: 1000x650). We can change the format in Storyline, but when we start the e-learning, the video has a white border right and bottem, or when we scale, the video doesn't scale and we only see part of it.

At the start of Storyline2 there was a problem with embedding Kontiki-video's, but I thought this was fixed, in other projects I inserted video without any problems.

We really need this very quickly, we have to deliver our project tomorrow. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks a lot!

2 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Katja!

My understanding is that SL2 is requiring height and width attributes rather than allowing the CSS styling supplied by Kontiki.

Kontiki appears to use CSS styling in their embed codes rather than explicit values. To correct it, replace the style element in your embed code with defined values.

For example, your embed code might include a style element like this:

style="border:none;width:100%;height:100%"

Replace it with defined attributes like this:

frameborder="no" width="100%" height="100%"

Even better, use specific pixel values for width and height to maintain the video's aspect ratio:

frameborder="no" width="500" height="281"

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.