Storyline360 - 18 Question Banks - 1 Results slide - Need help publishing SCORM2004 3rd Edition

Oct 29, 2017

Background info -

To publish this file in Storyline 2 - we had to create the module in 2 files (9 question banks in each file) and publish as SCORM1.2 (modifying the imsmanifest.xml - removing mastery score and the SCORMfunctions.js files- removing suspend from SCORM_SUSPEND = "suspend")

We tried creating one file with all 18 question banks and publish for SCORM2004 3rd Edition but we could not get it to mark properly in LMS.

Current Info - We have just upgraded to Articulate360

The new Storyline360 file contains 18 question banks (each with 4 questions - randomized) - One Results Slide - learner must obtain 80% to be successful in LMS (Saba 7.3)

We want to try and keep this quiz as 1 file, if at all possible.  Cannot find a publish / browser combination that will work? When we use HTML5 & publish to SCORM 2004 3rd Edition - Passed/Incomplete and it marks the module as unsuccessful when you exit early and we want to it to stay as Not Evaluated. The results do not transfer over either.

Company supports IE and Chrome

Let me know what other details/information may be helpful. Has anyone encountered any of these issues that you can share how you resolved?   Can you direct me as to next steps?

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Cindy, thanks for your post! I can help, but first I want to make sure I understand what you're looking to do. 🙂

When a learner takes the quiz and leaves before finishing, do you want the status to show as Incomplete

The Passed/Incomplete reporting status that you're using now will share both completion and success to an LMS. This means if a learner leaves a quiz before they are finished, the status will show as incomplete and failed.

However, if the learner reopens the course to complete the quiz and passes it, the success status will change to passed.

It sounds like you may want to use the Completed/Incomplete status. With this setting, if a learner leaves a quiz before they are finished, the status will only show as incomplete (and not failed). 

Let me know if that's what you had in mind!

Cindy Pandke`

Hi Alyssa, thanks for the details. I did try the Completed/Incompleted as you suggested and it showed unsuccessful as soon as we exited out after the third page in the module. 

We are creating really large modules and when we publish with SCORM 1.2 the LMS (Saba 7.3) doesn't resume where the learner left off due to the amount of data.  So we are trying to publish a large quiz with SCORM 2004 3rd edition.  We are not sure with Saba if we have to modify the files (like we did in SCORM 1.2) but we have tried everything.  We cannot find a publish setting that will work when we publish SCORM 2004 3rd edition and it's a quiz.  We are also questioning if it's the way we are using the question banks -- is that causing the LMS to not mark the status correctly?  We are hoping to get direction on whether to spend time on trying to fix the Storyline360 file or to find support with Saba (which isn't likely).  How do others handle publishing large modules?

Cindy Pandke`

Great News we have everything working as it should.   We have now been able to publish the module as:

SCORM 2004 3rd edition, on Results Slide (Passed/Incomplete), HTML only and it works both in IE11 and Chrome (corporate supported browsers) and reports successfully in our LMS (Saba 7.3).  Bookmarking also worked.

Thanks for the help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.