Storyline360 - "New Heading" in Menu doesn't link to the right slide

It's easier to show than to describe. Nevertheless see attached PDF. Short description:

• The *.story consists of ONE scene (more scenes would make the navigation way to complicated)
  • Two menu entries needed sub slides, so I created new headings in the menu dialog box and demoted the relevant slides
  • Problem: Starting the course and clicking on the heading doesn't show the demoted slide following this heading but starts from the beginning of the course.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks ! Hermann

41 Replies
Ren Gomez
Hi Everyone,

We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and enhanced features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how clicking a custom section header in the menu didn't jump to the first slide in that section has now been fixed.

The first step is to update Storyline 360. Head over to the desktop app and click the "Update" button for Storyline. More details here.
Correy Adams

Not too hopeful on this, but I'm having the same issue.. just replying so I'm tagged on the update when fixed. My workaround was to delete the scene title (from the TOC list) and include the 1st slide in that section instead... and just rename it what the title of the Scene would have been.  

Ren Gomez

Hi Correy,

I'm sorry to hear you're still coming across this issue! Just to confirm, have you upgraded to version 31 and are still coming across custom header sections not jumping to the first slide?

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or you’re always welcome to share with our Support Engineers here. 

Correy Adams

Hello.  Yes, I have the latest version "31."

The issue is... I title my "scenes" to show in the TOC but clicking on the "Scene" header in the TOC will advance you to the next slide, not hyperlink to the 1st slide in that scene... So I just change the name of the 1st slide in that section to what I want it to say and then delete the scene header bc it doesn't work properly.  ... I will have to ask if it's OK to share the raw file with you-- the training created is highly confidential.  If I have time, I can try to make a "dummy file..." and load that (so it wouldn't have protected content in it...

Baden Brewer

Hi Leslie,

I'd like all slide titles to show as 'Not visited' yet. When i publish the course and open it, it treats every created "headline" as if it had been visited. Any sub topic (like Slide 1 in your example) shows as 'Not Visited Yet'. It's just those new headings appear as if they had been visited even though I haven't touched them.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Badan!

Thank you for clarifying! Would you mind sharing your file with us so that we can take a deeper look at why the slides continue to appear as "Not Visited Yet"? 

You can do so by using the "add attachment" button in this discussion. Or you can share the file privately with our Support Engineers by using this link.