Storyline360 : Number Randomized Question Bank Slides

Apr 27, 2020

I have 4 questions in total. But the number of the 1st question starts with "2"; in this way, the total number of questions shows 5. 

I select "Slide number in scene" and "Total slides in scene". Could anyone help me, please?

5 Replies
David Tait

The issue you have is that slide 1.1 is in the same scene as your questions, which increases the number of slides in the scene to 5, in turn increasing the variable counter.

In the following link you can download a .story file that is set up to work how you want yours to work. I'd suggest taking a look and copying the structure for your project: https://community.articulate.com/download/storyline-360-numbered-randomized-question-bank-slides?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=elh-dl

David Tait

One option is to create a text or number variable called for example 'totalQuestions' and give it a value to reflect the number of questions you are showing the learner.

Add a variable reference to the question slide to display this variable. If you're using a Master Slide you could add this here.

If you're using a Master Slide the steps above are probably unnecessary though, as it will likely take longer to set this all up than it would take to add a static number to your slide.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.