Storyline360 Publish to Video not picking up State changes?

Mar 05, 2018

Hey guys!

I'm playing ALOT with the new publish to video feature in Storyline360 and loving it!  I created this small project with the ambition to demonstrate that Storyline360  could potentially serve as an explainer video tool or even be used to create small intros.  This sample was created only using Storyline content library and shapes.

VIDEO

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xk3P0dx7-O3ydDNzzuqcGfVEJq-Aihi0 

WEB

https://stylelearn.com/haterz/story_html5.html

However, here are some of the issues I'm running into:

1. Some State change triggers not happening when published to video. In this case, when the security guys speak, there are some hand gestures that are not seen because the State change does not happen in video. However, the Web version does display them.
  2. Skewing of characters when some State changes take effect. On this, I'm, not moving or resizing the new States. I think this may be from copying copied States instead of copying the original "Normal" State?

I welcome any thoughts and suggestions. I may be able to share the file but, I have to remove  a bunch of audio files since they are not free to share.

8 Replies
Alexander Salas

Hey Ashley! Thank you for getting back on this. So Issue 1 could be that the triggers are set on “Media Completes” based on the TTS audio. I will changed then to timeline cuepoints and see.  Can you share anything on the skewing with State changes? It seems very inconsistent but it happens often. It niw happens on any project I build. 

Katie Riggio

Hi, Alexander! To follow-up on Leslie's post, I'm so excited to let you all know that we just released update 18 for Storyline 360–check out all the new fixes here 🎁

One of the fixes addresses an issue where illustrated characters could flicker or blink when changing states or expressions.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to see everything the latest release has to offer. Thanks again for reporting this oddity to us, and we're here if you need anything else!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.