Stoyline 360 Issues

Jan 03, 2017

I'm trying out Storyline 360 and ran into a couple of possible bugs:

1. On my iPhone 6 I can't get the quiz to work. When I click the checkmark / submit button the response doesn't popup and I can't proceed to the next question

2. On both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2, the uploaded video will play just fine when I first load the slide, but if I navigate away and then navigate back to the slide, the video won't play. I have to exit the course and reload it in order for the video to play

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Andre!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble viewing your quiz on an iPhone and iPad. Can you confirm that you're viewing the content with one of the supported browsers for viewing HTML5 content with an Apple mobile device (Safari in Apple iOS 8 or later and Google Chrome in Apple iOS 8 or later)? Also, is the content published to a web server or an LMS?

Would it be possible for you to share your file here so we can do some testing on our end? You can use the Add Attachment button at the bottom of the reply window.

LuAnn Lodl

I was testing this from my iPhone 6, iOS 10.2, both the latest Safari and Chrome browsers. I made sure my popup blocker was turned off. 

I tested it on Litmos LMS and SCORM Cloud.

Issue 1 was not a problem on SCORM Cloud.

Issue 2 is still a problem on both LMSs.

https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/InvitationConfirmEmail?publicInvitationId=0ddae635-f57a-4244-8a3c-34392b96afe8

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Andre,

Thank you for that updated information and for including your published file here. 

Since Issue 1 was not a problem in SCORM Cloud, I would recommend that you get in touch with Litmos Support for further troubleshooting.

Issue 2 seems similar to a known issue with Storyline 2 in which embedded video files automatically play in a new browser window video player on iOS devices. Since your file will built with Storyline 360, I will contact our support engineers to confirm that your issue is related. I have opened a case on your behalf (00985648 for my reference), and you should hear from one of the engineers shortly.

Jay  Chun

Same issue for me for the video not replaying when revisiting.  Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

2. On both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2, the uploaded video will play just fine when I first load the slide, but if I navigate away and then navigate back to the slide, the video won't play. I have to exit the course and reload it in order for the video to play

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Great news! Articulate 360 Update 4  was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here.  The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed various issues when editing videos in Storyline 360 and viewing videos in published output.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.