Submit Interaction effecting Change of state trigger?

Oct 10, 2018

Hi all

I'm having some real issues with triggers within a quiz I'm creating using Storyline 360.

I've attached my project for you all to see. All I want to happen is when a student selects a correct or incorrect question, the state changes to the correct/incorrect state, shows the feedback slide and the continue button.

What I also want to happen is that the score shows at the top of the screen as the student goes along, until they finally get to the results page. However the results will not show unless I put a 'submit interaction' trigger in, and as soon as I do the change of states all stop working! This happens within the preview and when published.

It seems Storyline will only let me have one option or the other. In my attached project I've left Q1 with a 'submit interaction' trigger so that you can see the scoring work, but not the change of state (false is the correct answer), and then left the other questions without, so you can see the change of state working, but without the scoring.

I am very much a beginner when it comes to using Storyline, so I am certain there is something really basic I am missing. Any help would be really appreciated!

Becky

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hey Becky,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your .story file so that we could take a look.

It looks like you want a custom set-up by displaying the correct/incorrect states and not the built-in 'Selected State' to know if the answer is correct/incorrect nor are you using the built-in feedback for the quiz.

The items are not registering on the result slide because you are not 'selecting' the items, but setting the state.

Due to your custom requirements, you may want to consider a Pick-One setup with the buttons off-slide as Michael shared in this example. This will allow you to use your custom states and select the right answer so that the result slide works as well. This should allow your scoring to work as well.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.