Subtitle

Oct 18, 2016

Hello all, I am working on a course with a video in it. My problem is my subtitle starts when the timelime of a slide starts. From a design perspective, I want the subtitle starts when a cursist is using 'play' on the video controls. Any help would be much appreciated.

3 Replies
Dave Cox

I'm not real clear about what you are referring to here. Is you subtitle a caption, or a second title? Is it on a timeline of its own?

If it is on a timeline of its own, you can delay when it appears. Simply slide it over to the right in the timeline.

If it is audio, should probably encode it with your video. If it is closed caption, it still may be best to encode it in the video. You could put it on the timeline, but timing can prove to be difficult. It really depends on what you are attempting to accomplish.

Dave Cox

Hi Dorieke,

To control when the video plays, you can pause the timeline when the slide starts. A couple of ways you could decide if there are captions:

• Put the caption on a separate timeline and control it with states (normal/hidden).
  • Encode two versions of the video and put them in different layers. Play the video on the layer that corresponds to the users preference.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.