Success Status not being sent to LMS if User exits course and resumes course - articulate storyline 360

May 15, 2020

Hello all,

I have an articulate storyline 360 course with two branches, each branch containing a quiz. I am tracking using slides but each quiz has a results slide with a button that triggers JavaScript to complete the course, pass the score and success status to the LMS.

If the user launches the course and completes it without interruption everything tracks and performs properly. The problem arises if the user closes the course window and then later relaunches and resumes the course; when they complete the course and click the button triggering the JavaScript, the course complete and score is submitted to the LMS but not the "passed" or "failed" status. I have attempted various settings in the articulate storyline player settings "on restart", I thought it might have something to do with the review setting in the Configuration.js file but that didn't work either.

I will also note that if the user closes the course and when relaunches and prompted to resume or restart, if they select restart - no issues.

I have tested in our LMS as well as on Scorm Cloud and both are performing the same way.

If anyone has encountered something like this before and knows of a possible solution, I would greatly appreciate any help.

I started an earlier discussion here where I received some feedback and help on setting up the branching and where I have also shared the JavaScript I used. 

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.