Superscripts not working properly in storyline 360

Aug 02, 2018

Hi All

I'm working on storyline 360 (version:3.17.16188.0) and there are superscripts in my audio script. Those are not working properly in preview mode and published version as well. Any solutions for this issue?

30 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Vijay. Thanks for reaching out!  I want to nail down exactly where this issue is occurring, so I have a couple of questions:

• Are you using the new modern player, or the classic player?
  • Is your audio script in the Notes tab on the player, or somewhere else?

Let me know, and we'll see what's happening!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for confirming that, Vijay. We're seeing the same thing on our end--really sorry for the trouble it's causing you!

Do you have the option to use the Modern Player instead? The superscripts appear correctly in the Modern Player.

Hopefully that alternative will work for you in the meantime, and I'll keep you posted on our progress with this bug!

Steve Gannon

Hi Chirag,

While we wait for Articulate to resolve this issue, there is a workaround you can try.,,use the Symbol feature in Storyline's Insert menu to insert superscript or subscript characters (see attached).

The Symbol feature is disabled while your mouse pointer is in the Notes panel so instead insert a temporary text box on the slide and use the Symbol feature to insert the desired superscripted or subscripted character. Then copy that character and paste it where you want it to appear in the Notes panel. When you preview or publish your project, those characters should appear properly.

Not all fonts have a wide range of superscripted/subscripted characters. For example, Open Sans does not have as many such characters available as Calibri. If your font does not have the character you need in superscript/subscript form, you may be able to find that character in another font that appears very similar to the font you're using for the majority of your Notes text.

Hope that helps!

Katie Riggio

Thanks for checking in, Carol!

Our team is still investigating this issue, so I appreciate you letting us know that it's affecting your projects. As soon as we have a fix in place, we'll share the news here!

In the meantime, we're happy to have a look at your course to see what approaches we can offer. If you're able to share the .story file, please use this private upload link!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Navnath and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into an issue with your superscripts in the Notes panel as well.

You are correct. We are still looking into this issue. This conversation is attached to the report so that we can share any updates as we have them.