Survey

Nov 17, 2014

Hi can anyone help me I am new to Storyline I am trying to create a survey which adds scores and give feedback depending on total score. For exapmle a user answers questions choosing 1 2 3 or 5, each of the number has a score attached e. 1 = 0

2 =1

3=2

4= 3

5=4

they answer 5 questions depending on their answers the scores are added. If the get 0 a message saying not good if they get 15 a message saying good try and if they get 20 a message saying well done.

Can this be done I have tried creating survey questions but each time I try I cant get the scoring.

I hope I am not asking something that has already been answered somewhere else if that is the case I do apologise

5 Replies
Emily Ruby

Hello Linda!

Unfortunately Survey questions are not graded in Storyline.

If you wanted to do a 5 question quiz grading by the choice they select, you could use the graded option, Multiple Choice

Then you can add a point value to each choice, instead of grading on the question as a whole. 

You can then set up a results slide to count up the points at the end and trigger a layer to show based on how many points they total.

Attached is an example. Hopefully this is what you are looking for, if not, I am sure others will join in as well!.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Linda,

In addition to what Emily shared, the description you provided reminded me a bit of this "magazine style assessment" which would add up a users score based on how they answered and provide feedback. Again, if you're looking for something a bit different it may help to share a bit more here with the community so that we can point you in the right direction. 

carrie wallis

Hi can anyone help. I am trying to create a survey assessment where there are groups of scores depending on the answers given to each question.

Eg if user answers strongly agree to question 1 they score 4 in a grouping technical

if user answers disagree to question 3 they score 2 in grouping auto

it looks like using variables and triggers may be the way to go, but i can not see where i can add a variable or trigger in the quiz?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.