Syncing issues in SL360 with cue points that trigger lightbox questions.

Dec 07, 2020

I am having timing issues where the cue points are not lining up after publishing to what was showing in preview. I've searched the forum and it looks like it may be an audio/html 5 issue? Have others found it easier to cut the video and show questions when each video has ended? I've had to spend a lot of time adjusting the cue points and republishing the course. Hoping there is an easier way. Thanks!

5 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Katie!

Sorry, you're running into this snag! I don't see that we've reported a bug similar to what you see with cue points not syncing when they trigger lightbox questions in the published output. How are you publishing the course?

If you're comfortable sharing a file, I'm happy to take a look! You can either attach it to this discussion using the Add Attachment button or upload it privately using this secure upload link. Either way, we'll take a look and file a bug report if needed!

Becca Levan

Hello Debra, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ⭐️

Sorry to hear you're running into this, and I'm happy to help out!

I've attached a sample file with two examples of pausing a video while the learner answers a question on a layer. The first slide has triggers based on cue points, and the second slide has triggers based on the timeline.

Quick Tip: Right-click on a layer to open the properties panel and enable the "Pause timeline of base layer" setting. This will pause the video while the layer is active.

Pause

I hope this helps, but I'd be happy to take a peek at your file if you're comfortable sharing it with us here!

Alexander Covan

I have an issue that is appearing in TestPauseVid.story when I preview it. 
Any time the player progress bar is manually adjusted, the timeline actions trigger, not just when the playhead passes that point on the timeline. 

That means that a question or info box triggered by cuepoint 1 will pop up any time the timeline is moved between cue point 1 and 2. Etc. 

I'm expecting the trigger to only occur at the cuepoint so things appear in sync with parts of the video. I could lock navigation, but nobody likes that on review.

Steven Benassi

Hi Alexander!

It sounds like you ran into some issues with the cue points in your .story file. I see that you've already opened a support case and connected with my colleague Ronaziel. Great move! You're in excellent hands working one on one with her!

We can continue this conversation over in your support case to keep all information in one spot.