Tables

Dec 22, 2014

Dear Friends,

I am Accounts Professor and trying to make Accounting elearning courses.  It is going to be my first elearning course.

I learned Captivate 8.  Since last 1 month daily around 3-4 hours I am spending on Captivate and learned it.  Completed successfully my first session of 1.5 hours. 

It was easy and fun and loved it.  But when 2nd session started which involves Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet and I shocked to see that there is no tables facilities in Captivate 8.  And without tables I don't know how to work in Accounting lessons ;'(

I asked my one friend and he told me to prepare course in Power Point and then use Camtesia for software simulation.  I started making things in Power Point and even though Power Point is making tables wonderfully (fact is I use excel to make balance sheet and P/L A/c and then copied it to Power Point) the problem which I faced is that "i don't know t how to animate individual Rows / Columns or Cell".  This is wonderful in case of Captivate since I can timing each number but its not possible in Captivate :'(

I then tried to copy powerpoint tables to captivate, but captivate don't allow paste from Microsoft Product, grrrrrrrrrr

While searching something different, today I came across Articulate.  It has 2 product "Articulate Story Line 2" and "Articulate Studio"

Am confuse again.  As far as I understand Articulate SL don't offer Tables facilities.  And studio work with Power Point.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GUIDE ME THE RIGHT PATH - AM TIRED WORKING ON CAPTIVATE AND POWER POINT.

What I want is tables with Timing or good animation facility.  All other things are standard which i can get in captivate or in power point.  Does Articulate SL or studio will help me. 

Right now I am downloading both Articulate software.  Which one shall I use or both will not help me :'(

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.