Tabs Interaction

Jun 26, 2017

I have been struggling with a tabs interaction.  I cannot seem to get the motion paths right and it seems like the tabs are moving on different motion paths each time they are clicked.  I have attached the .story file in the hopes someone can take a look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

7 Replies
Chris Cole

Hi Lisa -

I think you have a couple of things going on.

First, I don't think your outward bound motion paths are exactly horizontal - they seem to be sliding up one pixel each time they move. So a tab slides out and up one pixel. Then it moves back perfectly horizontally, but now it is 1 pixel higher than before.

Plus you have the Relative Start Point option turned on, so the next time you click, it starts from its new position (1 pixel higher than original), and slides up still another pixel higher and then back , so now it is 2 pixels higher than the original. And so on. 

I think you just need to get your outward-bound paths perfectly horizontal and you should be OK.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Chris Cole

I don't think there is a simple way to look at the relative positions of the original location of the  object and the path destination. Unless I am mistaken, you just have to eyeball it.

Looks to me like they are just one pixel off. Click the arrow tip at the end of the path, I think it turns into a circle indicating it is selected, but it's hard to tell. Then just hold down Ctrl and use the arrow key on your keyboard to move it down one pixel, or use the ctrl+shift+enter method Phil mentioned.

The easiest way to make sure they are completely horizontal is to do that when you first create the path animation. Select linear path, then in the path options select horizontal and it moves the path to a perfectly horizontal path. Then use arrow keys to move the object along the path to the position you want.

If the path is perfectly horizontal, then the relative start point option is fine.

Hi Phil. :-)

Chris

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.