Tempshare?

Jan 29, 2018

I have been in the habit of quickly uploading to Tempshare so that my clients could take a look at the course in varying stages.

I'm not sure I understand why, but this service is no longer available --what are my alternatives besides hosting my own website?

Thanks!

jt

30 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sally,

When you publish for the web, you can choose your publish formats as outlined here. That's where you'll add in Flash as a part of the output, but feel free to still use HTML5 first, Flash Fallback. 

But, if you're using Articulate 360, I'd suggest publishing directly to Review. That's an easy and safe way to share your course with colleagues or reviewers and it'll be available longer than 10 days! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sally,

It sounds like we're talking about two different products, so I want to be sure we're on the same page.

• Articulate Review is a platform used to gather comments and feedback from course reviewers. 
  • Articulate Online is a platform for deploying your course to learners, to track their progress, and to access completion and success data, like a learning management system (LMS). It is not used for gathering comments and feedback. 

Are you using Articulate Review or Articulate Online? Can you share your link so we can get a better idea of what you're using?

Sally Diab

Thank you everyone...I ended up with putting it on Articulate Review and removing the comments section. 

I am wondering though why my screen recordings are coming out blurry....sometimes the screen would clear while at others it would get blurry? I recorded using the "select a window" option to record the window I am working from.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sally,

Screen recordings can have a loss of quality if the dimensions of the screen recording are much larger than the dimensions of the slide. Let's compare:

• What are the dimensions of the screen recording? You can find this by performing a new Screen Recording and looking at the dimensions in the bottom-left corner of the recording frame. 
  • What are the dimensions of the slide? You can find this by going to the Design tab and clicking Story Size. 
Sally Diab

my screen recording was set at 1916 x 1076 and my story size was set at 720 x 540. I realize this is where the issue may be. However, when I made my recording the same size as the storysize it's way too small to record. What is the optimal dimensions to record at?

Also, I have already recorded a lot of things and would hate to have to rerecord, what the best way to fix this issue now?

Thank you 

Alyssa Gomez

That sounds like the culprit, Sally. The video is scaling down by more than 50%, so that explains the loss of quality you're seeing.

When you begin a new project, we generally recommend that you determine the size of the screen you need to record before you set up your Story Size. You can read more useful techniques for recording pixel-perfect screencasts here.

Since you have already started this project,  you can try adjusting the slide size, then re-insert the screen recordings. To insert an existing screencast you previously recorded, go to the Slides tab on the ribbon, click the Record Screen drop-down arrow, and choose a screencast. Then select the option to insert it as a Video on a single slide.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.