Testing

Aug 30, 2022

Is there a way to create a test, once completed the learner is not able to access the test.  Our LMS allows learners to have access to their courses once complete.  I'd like to be able to create a test but once completed, the learner does not have access to it.   Either for SL360  or Rise360.

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Set the Player properties so the course will "Always Resume" when the learner revisits it.

That means the learner will be sent to wherever they were when they closed the course. 

To ensure they don't re-access the quiz:

• If you're using the built-in Menu, remove the question slides from the list. Instead, I recommend having a "Test Introduction" slide before the first question. (I'd do this even if they could retake the test any time.)
  • Create a T/F variable (for example, "DONE") with a default value of False.
  • On the Success layer of the Results slide, add a trigger that adjusts the DONE variable to True when the timeline starts. Also be sure to hide the RETRY button. (The easiest way to do that is to put it on the Failure layer, not the base.)
  • On the "Test Introduction" slide (or whatever comes right before the first question), add a condition to the "jump to next slide" trigger so it only jumps to the first question if DONE=False. 
  • Add another trigger to that slide that jumps to the Results slide (or whatever you're using for the last slide) with the condition that DONE=True. 
    • You might want to add a "Done" layer to Results that shows when DONE=True. Use that for a message explaining that the user can't access the quiz any more. 

Here's more info about conditions and variables: