Text- and Line spacing is larger when upgrading from SL2 to SL360

Jan 29, 2018

I have upgraded a SL2 project to SL360 and experience that my text (text spacing and line spacing) is different/larger, so my text no longer can fit in boxes, questions,  etc. I use classic text, but somehow some textfields seem to convert to modern when upgrading or?

Is this a known issue?

13 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Franca,

Sorry, you've hit the same issue! 

I see that in Dorte's case the files were upgraded initially from Storyline 2, and the text boxes that were causing trouble were also inside a shape. Does that match what you're seeing?  We'll keep you posted here with any news on this. 

If not, could we get a look at your project file? 

Dorte Lynge Hansen

Hi, this is the response from Ryan, Articulate after file review (date 31/01/2018):

---------------

Hi Dorte,

Thanks so much for letting us know about this issue. I’ve logged it as a possible software bug.

From here.....

Ryan Hung
Customer Support Engineer
Articulate Support - http://www.articulate.com/support/

----------------------

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Franca,

Thanks for contacting us and sharing that you are still experiencing an issue.

The issue reported on behalf of Dorte above is still open with our team. Here is some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur.

The issue is specific to text in shapes and when upgrading from Storyline 2, so it sounds like you may be experiencing a different issue.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Katie Riggio

Hi Sylvie,

I'm sorry that you're seeing text in random shapes take more space when upgrading a Storyline 2 course.

It is still an open issue, but we promise to update this discussion if anything changes.

For now, the only workaround we found is to adjust it manually. I know it's a little bit of legwork to reformat, and we're here to help! If you can share the file, please use this secure upload link.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.