Text box - 360

May 02, 2017

I am trying to enable my user to enter text in a box on a slide.  I went to Insert/input and chose the text field. I placed the text field where i wanted it, but it will now allow me to type when i go to preview...............when the text is complete in that box, i want to hyperlink into the next slide (text box field) to be filled in.  Is this possible? 

6 Replies
Wendy Farmer
Lisa Weaver

.when the text is complete in that box, i want to hyperlink into the next slide (text box field) to be filled in.  Is this possible?

Hi Lisa

do you mean what is entered on slide 1.7 by the user will appear on slide 1.8? If so yes that is possible, not via hyperlinking but by using the text entry reference variable on slide 1.8.

See if the attached update to your file works how you want. You were referencing the wrong variables in your jump to next slide trigger.

Hope this helps

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lisa,

Were you able to take a look at Wendy's example file? You mentioned it works in preview, but not publish - can you tell me how you published (i.e. for web, Review, LMS)? Also when you're testing the published output is that happening in the publish environment or with the files on your local hard drive or desktop? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.