Text Box is Running off Slides in 360

Jun 05, 2020

I'm updating an older course that has imported PPT slides done in SL2. I'm now working in 360.  I update, save, close and reopen.  All text boxes are running off the slide. 

Please advise --- thanks!

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Terra,

Thanks for contacting us to share what you are seeing in your upgraded SL360 course. 

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file (the backup .story from SL2 specifically) to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Larry Fischer

I heard of a way to stop that from happening and it really works.

It is the difference between PowerPoint's page size and Storylines.  You need to take the Powerpoint's slide size, found by going to (Design>Slide Size>Custom Slide Size), which is usually shown in inches, and convert it to Storylines pixels format.

So for example, If the Powerpoint's custom size is 10 in x 5.625 in then multiply each by 96 to get the storyline size. In this case 960 px x 540 px. 

Set Storyline's size to that and then import the Powerpoint file. There will be no problem of the text running off the screen.

This saved me hours of screwing around the text boxes.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.