Text box issues

Jul 03, 2014

I have an interesting problem.  When I click on a new slide and proceed to add a text box, the box does not appear.  Instead, I get a line and no ability to add text.  Any suggestions?

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Brenda,

That does sound a little odd.

First, please make sure that you're working with a local project file when you modify or publish your project. If you're working on a network drive, or any other external storage, that might be causing the trouble. 

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

Please make sure you're running the most recent version of Storyline. Articulate Storyline Update 5 includes bug fixes, performance improvements, and HTML5 output enhancements. Click here for details.

It may also be a good idea to check your zoom level and ensure that it's set to 100%. If that's already set, check your system's DPI settings:

Articulate Support - Articulate Storyline DPI Support

If you're still seeing the same issue, try creating a new project file. Do you see the same issue in the new file? If so, please try running the repair:

Articulate Support - How to Repair Articulate Storyline

Let us know if you see any improvement!

Best,

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.