Text Entry

Nov 01, 2013

Hi All,

I am busy creating a scorm package and I am struggling with the text entry.

For some reason the fault font size is 15 and text color is white. if a change it to 10 and black it goes back to default as soon as I try preview the scene. I have tried saving, creating a new text entry box but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas?

7 Replies
Neville Glynn

Hi Adrian,

I am creating a module to simulate a login screen. so basically, I have taken a screen shot of the login page and created a text entry box where they would need to insert an "IP address" but the font size is at a default of 15 which does not allow the ip address "192.168.1.55" to fit in the block, also the text is defaulted to white so you cant see what you are typing in as the login screen has a white background. When I try change the font size to 10, the font colour to black and click out of the text entry block it reverts back to the default settings.

I have tried to delete and recreate the text entry, save the changes, restart storyline but to no avail as soon as I click on save it reverts to the default value.

It seems as though it is just this one text entry box as I have another "login" simulation in the very next slide and the text is black and smaller.

Any ideas?

Eric Brennan-Hazell

Neville Glynn said:

Hi Adrian,

I am creating a module to simulate a login screen. so basically, I have taken a screen shot of the login page and created a text entry box where they would need to insert an "IP address" but the font size is at a default of 15 which does not allow the ip address "192.168.1.55" to fit in the block, also the text is defaulted to white so you cant see what you are typing in as the login screen has a white background. When I try change the font size to 10, the font colour to black and click out of the text entry block it reverts back to the default settings.

I have tried to delete and recreate the text entry, save the changes, restart storyline but to no avail as soon as I click on save it reverts to the default value.

It seems as though it is just this one text entry box as I have another "login" simulation in the very next slide and the text is black and smaller.

Any ideas?

Hi, I have had the same problem, I am doing a system simulation with a load of text entry boxes. I have set up all my defaults in the Design part of articulate and this still happens.

My work around is this:

When you have set the font colour and size etc. right-click on the text box you have just formatted and select "Set as Default Text Box" then preview it...

You may have to do this for all and any others but it does seem to work for me!

David Manning

This bug was killing me until I right-clicked the text entry box and chose "Set as Default Text Box". Finally the text entry box didn't change size (actually, the font size still did change to a slightly offset number when I clicked away from and into the text entry field again, but at least the font was closer to the size I want.)

Even with the workaround, it seems that the font size of the actual text is different from the font size in the label. e.g.: here's the box selected and it shows 7.5 pt:

and here's the actual text in the box highlighted and it shows 6pt:

So with the workaround, it's better, but still buggy. Also, when using the workaround, any future text box you make is set to the text entry box size, so it's not very efficient. I get the impression, given all the related bugs, that the in-app text editing functions need an overhaul. 

Is this bug going to be fixed soon?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David,

What other settings do you have on your text box (do not autofit, wrap text, etc.)?  Also, is your slide set to zoom to anything other than 100% zoom, as I have seen that adjust the text in other files while editing. 

In regards to additional text editing capabilities, it has been something shared in the form of a feature request that our team is aware of, although I don't have information to share on a future release date or updates. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.