Text Entry on iPads - Storyline 360

Jun 10, 2021

Hello, 

I've seen this in old forums but never saw a resolution. Has anyone gotten text entry to work on an iPad? Published to Web (not an LMS) and works great on web but not on iPad. You can click into the field, the keyboard pops up and then just taunts you by not doing anything other than suggesting words you also can't put in the text box. I've seen this on the forums going back years but never a good solve. Thoughts? Thanks!

Another datapoint... it's opening in a non LMS app which supports most things but it is opening in an iframe.

5 Replies
Becca Levan

Hello b c!

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue entering text into a text entry field on an iPad.

• What iPad and iOS versions are you seeing this behavior in? Is it happening with all text entry fields or just one?

Are you comfortable with sharing your file? If so, I'd recommend connecting with one of our support engineers to test this with you and determine what could be causing this. As soon as they review your file, they'll reach out with a next step!

Becca Levan

Thanks for following up, Annemarie!

We're happy to help!

Are you embedding published content in a web page? If so, the course and its text entry fields should work correctly if you follow these steps when embedding your published content in an iframe.

I peeked at b c's support case, and it appeared the issue was specific to their project. If following that article doesn't improve things, could you share your project in a support case so our support engineers can troubleshoot it? We'll reach out soon after reviewing your file!