Text formatting

Sep 27, 2013

Is there anyway to format the text in textboxes beyond changing the font and alignment? More specifically, I have a numbered list and I don't like the way the text is wrapping. The wrapped text is neither in line with the numbers, nor with the first line. It is somewhere in between.

7 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Alison,

I'm sure I've seen others comment on the number "un-alignment" in SL text boxes, but at the moment I can't find any threads on this. I don't believe there's a solution. Would you consider submitting a feature request as many of us have done?

Regarding the text wrapping on the notes tab, I've had this type of thing happen also. By any chance did you copy the content from an app like Microsoft Word where the content was formatted? In those situations, when I paste the text into the note tab I

• Click in the Notes area to make it active
  • Click the drop-down arrow on the paste button (in the clipboard group at the top left of the ribbon) and choose paste as text only.

At that point, I can clean the text up and then use the bullets or numbers button on the text. It's not quick...still requires cleanup, but at least it works.

Please shout out with any questions. Also, if anyone DOES know how to get that alignment tightened up, please post!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Alison and Becky,

You'll see a similar thread from earlier this summer here, with a link to some additional community work arounds. As Mike mentions, it'll likely be something included in a future release, although I don't have any further information/timeline on that. Submitting it as a feature request is always a good idea! 

Brett Rockwood

As Rebecca said, please submit a feature request for more robust text handling. For me it's the number one disappointment and limitation of SL. No tabs, hyphenation, custom leading (line spacing), kerning, em or en dashes, paragraph or character styles...  I can do all sort of interesting things with triggers, variables, layers, etc., but I can't do anything about the limited text capabilities. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.