Text shifted by a pixel after motion path.

Hi All,

Duke's here again. This time I am trying to create flashcards with the motion path. There are basically 3 cards on the slide. 1st card is on the top and 2nd card is hidden behind below the 1st card. And the 3rd is outside of the frame.

If "next" is clicked the 1st card flies out and 2nd card will then appear. Once the animation completes, it will jump to the next layer. 

If "previous" is clicked, the 3rd card flies in, landing on the 1st card. Once the animation completes, it will jump to the previous layer. This is where the problem happens. No matter how I align or shift the word on the 3rd card it will not be at the exact same spot as the card on the previous layer.

NOTE: The card lands on the same spot but not the text in the middle.

Perhaps, looking at the file will make it clearer. I noticed that when it comes to pixel by pixel, Articulate always has this problem (my previous post was also about a similar problem). Any suggestion?

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Duke,

Thanks for reaching out and for sharing your file with me. We've seen some alignment issues in HTML5, so my first thought was to test the Flash output to see if there's a major difference. I did see a slight improvement in Flash--you can have a look at it for yourself using this link. Be sure you're in a Flash-enabled browser. 

I'll continue to dig into this, and I'll let you know if I see anything else that could be causing the shift. Stay tuned!

Duke Intraprasert

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have checked out the link you sent, and the issue was still noticeable. I have tried many other ways but nothing worked i.e.

- Making the "text" as the main object, and add a "card" within the states. It got even worst. Both "card" and "text" look alright but when I move the "text" in timeline mode the "card" is no longer aligned and goes all over the place.

- Grouping the "text" and "card" together in state mode doesn't work neither. The "text and "card" are no longer aligned after moving the "text" in timeline mode.

The reason why I need to add the 2 items in the state mode is because after this I will need to change the state of the text to other languages (using variables)

Please let me know if you find a way to fix this issue. Thank you in advance Alyssa.