Text to Speech

Sep 27, 2019

I am very, very new to Articulate so I apologize if there is a simple solution to my question but I scoured the internet with no luck! I was asked by my employers IT department to trial upgrading an app on my computer. Normally upgrades in my environment are only for computer Admins. That meant us non-admins were asked to put in a help ticket, an admin would have to log on and download the upgrade. This upgrade is one that is going to need to be pushed to everyone in the company so I thought it would be a good time to use the Record My Screen option so, if it worked, it could be shared with others. Secondly, I thought this would be a great training tool for me to get my feet wet in Articulate! When the recording was complete, I figured this would also be a great time for me to learn what it took to add audio. I went to the appropriate slides, Insert > Text to Speech and in the pop up I got the "Type or paste your script here" and "Copy from Slide Notes" options. The problem was, Copy from Slide Notes was grayed out. Upon some more internet searching (thanks, to you, E-Learning Heros!) I found someone else with that same question and they explained that text must be in Slide Notes to be read. All I would have to do was open each of my slides, copy the pop up and paste it into that Slides notes. Then when I would go back to the Text to Speech box, I could click on the Copy from Slide Notes option. Like I mentioned before, for this small project it was very simple but I began to wonder if there was a setting somewhere that could automatically force all the Pop up Text into Slide Notes. Frankly, I would be very surprised if it couldn't. Thank you everyone.

2 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Derrick and welcome to Articulate!

If you need help, the community is where you can find all the answers!

Storyline converts your text to narration by using the Slide Notes section. We don't have a text generator in Storyline to do vice versa; generating text from narration. 

Here is one of our support articles that will walk you through text-to-speech.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.