Text to speech

Apr 13, 2017

Hello Community,

I am new to Articulate, we use Articulate 360. Do we have text to speech feature in Articulate 360 or we need to use some software to convert the text to speech.

Thanks, Ambesh

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 83, we've included important fixes and new features!

One of the new features we've included:

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

26 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Balen, thanks for your question!

The text-to-speech feature is exclusive to Storyline 360. Also, Storyline 3 comes with 40 classic-illustrated characters and one photographic character, Atsumi. And if you purchased character packs or bundles in the past, those characters will also work with Storyline 3. 

Let me know if you have any further questions about that!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Balen,

Storyline 3 doesn't support text-to-speech narration, so it’s not currently compatible with Storyline 360 project files that have text-to-speech narration.

The next software update for Storyline 3 (coming soon) will allow you to open Storyline 360 project files that have text-to-speech narration. You just won't be able to update the text-to-speech settings in Storyline 3. 

As for characters, Atsumi is included by default as a photographic character and you'd have the illustrated characters too. Take a look here at how to insert them. 

If you do need additional characters or Text to speech - perhaps you'd want to take a look at the trial of Articulate 360 here!  That would include access to the entire Content Library of characters and the new features. Our team can also help if you need to exchange what you purchased for Articulate 360 instead. 

Durba Bhattacharjee

hi All, 

I have got a trial version of Storyline 3 to see if it is right for my requirement. I need 'text to speech' option. In the following video its mentioned that this feature is available in Storyline 3 and 360. But I cant see the option in my trial version. So, I wanted to know if  'text to speech' option is not there in Storyline 3 version or not available in the trial version? 

https://vimeo.com/251081036

pascal scandolo

Hi staff ,

I have pb on some generated sentences such as  "Auto Layout tool"  or "toolbar" using kendra US voice ...

I would like to know the list of the "keywords" the TTS  is using to modify the TTS output.

did you follow some standard bodies ?

For example, 

- the effect of the various on the tone / speed of    , ; . / : ! ? .... 

- the effect of the "blanck" space, new line, .... the spelling formats, ...

- any other  tips ???

thanks

Letitia Kennedy

Hi Articulate staff,

I have already raised a ticket via support so apologise if this is doubling up, however is the full text to speech narration feature currently provided for Articulate360 on the feature roadmap for Storyline 3, or is there a way for an existing Storyline3 licence holder to purchase the code to enable creation and editing of text to speech using Storyline 3?

I am working with a client that has no connectivity to the internet in a disconnected environment, so can only use 360 to draft the module, but need to make final edits etc in Storyline 3.

Alternatively, has anyone in the community used a different non cloud/internet based text to speech software with Articulate Storyline3 that would help?

Thanks

Letitia

William Ryan

I was able to find a site https://naturaltts.com/convert that has one female British English voice that sounds pretty close to natural (Amy, if you're interested). However, I believe for my company's purposes I will use TTS for course development purposes only and hire a voiceover actor/actress for the finished product. The thing I find about most TTS voices, is that they are, for the most part, quite annoying.