Text to speech

Feb 08, 2016

Hi. I am very much aware that SL2 doesn't have text to speech and doesn't work with any of the text to speech available tools. Having seen quite a few people on here who have hit this 'wall' it would be nice if someone from articulate could explain when this might be available so that my clients with visual impairments or learning difficulties would have a solution? (I know i can manually add voice but it would be nice in this modern world that SL2 would be able to handle a text to voice tool)

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mick,

Thanks for reaching out, and I suspect you're referring to threads such as this one and this one where a few users share what has worked for them or how they've approached it. I know a lot of users have found value in those type of threads and I'm not sure I've seen one outright share that nothing was working. 

As for our timeline for implementing something, we're unable to share product roadmaps or timelines for new versions or updates. With that being said, it's not something I've heard a lot of discussion about based on the fact that there are so many other tools available that users have seemed to work with while using Storyline or Studio. 

We're always happy to hear other feedback in regards to that though, so you can share your thoughts in forum threads or direct to our product team here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.