The Appearance of Storyline 360 Tin Can Content in LearnDash

Jan 30, 2019

Hello. I just created my first course using Storyline 360. I published the content for LMS - Tin Can and uploaded it to the LMS (LearnDash) on my new WordPress website. Everything uploaded correctly. However, when I preview the page on which I placed the content, I simply get a black box (see attached screenshot) and nothing happens when I click on it. Any idea why this might be happening?

2 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Starla, 

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what you're seeing.

Are you experiencing the same issue within LearnDash as well or just when uploading to WordPress?

If it's happening within LearnDash as well, I'd advice uploading to SCORM Cloud to see if it works as expected there. This will help identify if the issue lies within the project file or the LMS.

If it only happens once on WordPress, I'd follow up with your web admin or hopefully, someone in the forums will be able to pop in and help you out.

Starla West

Leslie - Thank you for this suggestion. I followed your advice and the project works perfectly on SCORM Cloud so I suspect the issue with the LMS (LearnDash) or perhaps WordPress or Bluehost where my site is hosted.

I've already reached out to LearnDash and the said the challenge I'm having isn't with the LMS and suggested I reach out to GrassBlade (which I had already done.)

The GrassBlade team logged in to my WP site and took a look. They said the first time they tried to preview the webpage the project sits on, it wouldn't load for them either. However, it loaded on their second try and they were able to move through it just fine. It has never loaded for me and I've tried several times...but it did work on SCORM CLoud.

I'm leaving my office and going to a lunch where I will take a look again on the restaurant's WiFi to see if the issue might perhaps be with my WiFi. If it isn't, I'll reach out to BlueHost upon my return from lunch.

Thank you for your help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.