The Notes Tab in Storyline 360

Jul 12, 2018

I am inserting Notes into the Notes tab so I can use the closed captioning and text-to-speech features in SL 360. The problem is that the Notes tab cuts off my view of the text. I am not sure what's going on. I have tried closing out the presentation, undocking the notes, redocking the notes, changing the font size, etc. but I can't get the notes tab to show text that is on the far right of the screen. There is some text to the far right, but it is not showing it. I've attached two pictures for your review.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I hope it is something embarrassingly simple.

Thanks so much

Johnna Hodges

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Johnna, 

Thanks for sharing those images, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in them to explain your notes text not appearing. Can you tell me a bit more about your set up in Storyline and Windows:

• What update are you using? You can check by going to the "Help" Tab -> "About Articulate Storyline".
  • Are files saved and edited locally? 
  • Are you seeing this in all yourfiles, or just this particular file?
    • If it's just this file have you tried importing it into a new file? 
    • If you're seeing it in all your files, I'd try a repair of Storyline. 
  • Are you using a dual monitor set up or anything else similar? 

Let us know and we'll keep troubleshooting from there! 

Johnna Hodges

Thanks very much, Ashley. I have attached a better screen capture of the Note section. The text, to the far right, is not appearing. In my second screen capture, you can see the text that is imported from the Notes tab. Again, the text on the far right of the Notes tab is just not appearing. Go figure.

I submitted this to Articulate Support and am working with Ryan Hung on the issue.

In answer to your other questions:

The problem seems to be with the file/project. I found only two slides were this was an issue. I think it is some kind of corruption.

I am working and saving my files locally, on my hard drive, specifically to my desktop were I have a folder for my project.

My Storyline version is 3.17.16117.0.

I appreciate any other thoughts you might have.

Best
Johnna

Johnna Hodges

I want to give you a follow up. Thanks to Ryan at Articulate support for his help with this. It was simply a formatting issue.

What he did was copy the notes from these slides and pasted them to WordPad. After pasting them to WordPad, he then deleted the extra spaces and fixed the formatting. Then he went back to the slides, deleted the notes from the Notes tab. Then he pasted the newly formatted notes from WordPad and pasting back to Storyline 360. It pasted graciously across the full Note tab screen and now works beautifully. Thank you, Ryan.

Best,
Johnna

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.