The project file could not be saved.......

Sep 20, 2018

Hi,

Does anyone know why I am a getting this message - the project file could not be saved, your system appears to below on memory, please close any other programmes and try again. (apart from the obvious!!)

All programmes closed, only articulate running ... still wont save my work!! My laptop is not exactly cutting edge but does have 4Gb RAM which should be able to cope.

Furthermore, the 'save autorecovery' option doesn't work - I've set it to 2 minutes but it re-sets itself to 10 and doesn't save so when I get the  above message and have stupidly forgotten to save my work I lose it all!

Starting to think I should have gone down another route other than articulate.

Any help gratefully received

Roger

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Roger,

I really appreciate you reaching out about this. I know that's got to be frustrating, and we definitely don't want you to lose hours of work!

First, let's check to see if you can clear out your temporary files folder to free up some space. Here's how:

1. Open Windows Explorer, type %temp% in the address field, and press Enter. 
  2. When your temp directory opens, press Ctrl+A to select all the temp files, then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
  3. A few temp files may currently be in use that can't be deleted. When prompted, you can skip those.
  4. Try to save your project file again.

Also, be sure you're working from your local hard drive, since network or flash drives are known to cause problems. 

Let me know if that helps! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jacek,

I see you've posted in a few places in addition to this comment. Our team is happy to help and can provide a lot of support in this area, as it's not something that we'd expect (even with a handful of forum discussions on it). The error is often the result of not following some of our documented best practices here to prevent file corruption or other odd behavior, or something else on the system that's taxing the resources and preventing Storyline from working normally.

Whatever the case, our Support Team is available 24/7 and we'll work with you one-on-one. We'll want to know what version of Storyline you're using and any other specifics about your environment. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.