Time to break up the discussion (SL and SL360)

Jan 11, 2017

As the conversations around the different versions of Storyline begin to diverge more and more I think it would be helpful for all involved if you split off the Storyline 360 conversations into their own group. It is diluting the value of this resource with them combined as they currently are. 

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michael!

Thanks for sharing your perspective here! The Articulate Products Forum has always grouped product versions under one heading (Storyline 1 and 2 together under the Storyline heading, for example), but delineating the Products Forum by version number is something worth discussing . I'm more than happy to bring this up with the team, as we’re always looking at ways to enhance the ELH community!

If there's anything else that I can help you with in the meantime, please let me know!

Michael Shannon

Thanks for responding Alyssa. The version numbers make total sense to me. They aren't really different products. 360 is a different product, as far as my viewpoint is concerned. Others may have a different view. For me it's really in the way the discussions and help that we're involved in. Yesterday I was going to respond to two different posts requesting help and since they didn't identify the version I assumed it was SL 1 or 2. I downloaded the file they posted and couldn't open it because it was 360. 

I've gained a tremendous amount of help, insight and ideas from these forums and I like to give back when I can. The easier you make this, the more people will be willing to contribute. The more diluted this forum becomes the more frustrating it will be to use, and as a result, less participation from those of us who do contribute. 

My two cents. Others may feel differently. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.