Timed Quiz

Dec 28, 2016

Hi,

I have created a timed quiz using a results slide. However, if the time runs out before they have completed the quiz I want a trigger that will jump to the failure slide right after the timed out message. Right now it goes to the success layer as if they've passed the quiz but they haven't. Advice anyone?

6 Replies
Amy Conboy

Hi, is there any update on this?

I am also having the same issue. The result slide only takes into account the question slides that have been viewed up to the point the quiz times out and gives the pass rate off this, even though the quiz still has multiple questions left. I want it to record the questions that the student hasn't accessed yet as wrong to give an accurate overall result. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, Amy

Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Amy! What version of Storyline are you using?

I created a sample file in Storyline 360 with 4 quiz questions and a quiz timer. I previewed the quiz, answered 2 of 4 questions, and then let the timer run out. Once I reached the result slide, I got a score of 50%. 

It sounds like it's not working the same way in your file. Would you mind sharing your file with me here so I can take a closer look at it!?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.