Timeline

Jan 25, 2014

I am new here and my english is not very well. And I am Beginner in using articulate storyline.

I wanted to create the timeline in articulate storyline:

if the user clicks on an imported graphic, there should happen in series:

a) to hear the voice with tipps (this I have done and it works)

b) when the tipps are ended, a text on the top of the side should be hidden (I can not do, because a Trigger to hide I can not give in the timeline)

c) the graphic should be slided on a fixed place in the same side (I can not do,because slides I have only founded from one side to the next, but not on a fixed place in the same side)

d) another text should be slided to anothe fixed place. (I also can not do)

Please, who can help me ?

Thanks,   Brigitta

1 Reply
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Brigitta,

Welcome to the community.

Your English is fine (as an aside, I love the name Brigitta...haven't heard it since The Sound of Music!).

a) you're all set

b) You can set up a trigger to change an object's state to hidden when the media completes. In this example, the text box is being hidden when the audio on the timeline completes

c) and d)

Currently Storyline doesn't support Motion Paths, which is what you're describing when you're asking that the graphic should slide in from a fixed place in the slide. But there are a few different ways to work around this. See the attached .story, which shows 3 approaches

• The first uses a rectangle to mask the character who's popping into the frame
  • The second positions arrows incrementally along a timeline and has them animating in from right to left
  • The third shows a motion path, created in PowerPoint, saved as a video file, and brought into SL.

Also, there's a bit more info on this thread, where I created another example after seeing a community member's request

http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/38828/209310.aspx#209310

You can request that Motion Paths be included in the next version of Storyline by submitting your request here. Many of us have done so.

Please shout out with any questions.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.