Timeline audio not working in 360. Can't do proper cues!

Feb 08, 2019

I hope you can help me. I'm trying to do cueing in the timeline to make sure things pop up on the screen when the audio is at the correct place. I click the play button and it is clearly "playing" but there is no audio whatsoever. 

I thought maybe it had something to do with needing to update but that didn't solve it. 

Anyone? Thank you!

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Cindy and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for letting us know what you're running into with your project file.

I took a look, and I'm able to preview my audio from the timeline play button, so not sure what you're running into. My example is attached.

I did see that you reached out via support case as well and I grabbed that to further assist you. You should have an e-mail from me, and we can continue to work 1:1 there.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into an issue with your timeline audio preview as well. It sounds like you are running into something a bit different than Cindy was.

Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Monica Jackson

I am experiencing this lag problem as well. It is not consistent. I have an audio file on a slide. When I listen to the audio an press "c" to add a cue point to the timeline where I want animation to appear, then align an object with that cue, it doesn't activate at the cue point. I have to move the animation far in front of the cue for it to animate properly. Additionally, it is inconsistent from day to day. Is there a solution? reason? Again, it is inconsistent. Additionally. I am working from a local file that is on my hard drive.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.