timeline?

Mar 07, 2014

i imported a powerpoint slide into my storyline project.  for some unknown reason, the slides moves to the next slide after 5 sec.  even though there's no trigger created to do so. what might i be missing please?  i only want the user to select next or choose one of the navigational links in the slide.

Thanks!

8 Replies
Michele Zummo

I recenlty upgraded to Storyline2 in Decebmer 2014 and found when I import a Power Power (without any settings on the PP itself) there is the 5 second delay per slide in the preview occurring with a different setting (other than in the Properties for multiple slides: Automatically vs By User).  When I go to  Player Properties > Menu > Click the Gear Icon (Menu Options) and change the Navigation Restriction from "Free" to "Restricted (or Locked)" there is a 5 second delay of the advancement of each slide in Preview. We want the user not be able to advance slides out of order, but to have ability to view each slide in order at their own pace.  It is a distinct difference between SL1 and SL2, because I went back to SL1 and it worked fine without the 5 second delay with the same settings (I did change the Propertiesf or multiple slides from "Automatically" to "By User"). How can I change the entire Project without having to go to adjust the timeline on each slide?  Since this original string was posted in March 2014, the response was applicable to Storyline 1.  Please advise any suggestion. 

Emily Ruby

Hello Michele!

The restricted navigation has changed in Storyline 2. Using restricted is now menu and timeline restricted. If you need users to be able to click the next button before the timeline ends (the default would be the 5 seconds) you can set the navigation to free, or you could create a custom next button with a trigger to jump to next slide.

John Cranford

I know this is 4 years old, but I just started using SL2.   Ive imported from PowerPoint and I have the automatic forwarding after 5 seconds.  I follow the steps to change to Slide Advanced By User, and it still advances after 5 seconds.  I deleted the TimeLine advance trigger that appeared on every slide but same thing.  Any advice??

Leslie McKerchie

Hi John and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Advance behavior will be imported. When a slide is set to advance automatically in Presenter, Storyline will add a trigger to jump to the next slide automatically when the timeline ends.

It sounds like you've manually adjusted the right settings.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.