Timeling drags after publishing with sound from files

Feb 13, 2014

Hello all,

This is the first time I have worked with narration. I added the audio as files that were recorded in Audacity and converted to MP3 files. I worked hard to sync up the sound with the animations, and It seemed to behave nicely in the previews. Once I published however, the audio "sped up" and was no longer in sync with the timeline trace. Slides end 5 - 10 seconds after the narration quits even   though the timeline shows the slide objects ending with the narration.  What gives?

Some additional info: The Original Publishing preferences were set to "Custom" by default and the audio rate was 128 kbps. After reviewing the original published version I set the preferences to "Standard" (48 Kbps) and there was no change in the narration time.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi James,

When you change the audio quality settings, you're changing the bitrate which can impact how the audio is played back to you. It looks like with the custom version with a higher bitrate, the audio was ending sooner than you wanted. I'd recommend using the standard audio setting going forward, since that keeps your narration in sync with your slides. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.