Timer format in 360

Apr 11, 2017

We are currently testing SL360 and lots of our modules use the timer function.

The timer is enabled from the first slide and the format is set as elapsed. The aim is so that users know how long they have been in the module for. It seems to work fine in desktop view but when switching to iPad or phone it only shows time remaining, which we do not want.

Any suggestions welcome...

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Suze,

We’d love to take a look at your course to see what's happening. You’ll want to upload the .story file here (which is the file prior to publishing) using the “ADD ATTACHMENT” button at the bottom of the forums reply window. If you’d prefer to not share in the public forums you’re always welcome to share with our Support Engineers here. They’re available 24/7 to assist! 

We'd also want to know more about where you're hosting your course and what iPad and iOS you're using to view the course? 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Suze.  I was able to see this behavior in my own quick file that I mocked up, so I'm glad that you pointed it out.  We'll document this issue so that we can start investigating with our QA team.  I haven't been able to find a workaround for you, but we'll keep this discussion updated with any new findings!

Crystal Horn

Hi Suze. Thank you for checking in.

I discussed the quiz timer with our development team. We have designed the timer to always show time remaining on the responsive player.

I know this format doesn’t fit your course needs. I am requesting a change on your behalf, and we will watch how this affects customers.

We’ve made an addition to the User Guide for Storyline 360 to note that the responsive player will show time remaining.  This update is thanks to you!

Since you are weighing your options before upgrading, I don’t want this issue stalling you. So in fairness to you, I wouldn’t expect the timer format to change right away.

Please continue to let me know what works for you, and I’ll try my best to deliver!

Ren Gomez

Hi Suze,

Good news! We fixed the issue where the quiz timer always shows as time remaining on mobile devices. It should now show as time elapsed, similar to desktop devices.

Here's how to install the latest Storyline 360 update to see all the recent enhancements and fixes.

If the problem reappears, please connect with our team, and we'll be happy to help!