Timing is off once courses are published in 360

Feb 13, 2017

I have a close reading webinar series that works when I preview the project in Articulate Storyline 2 and works when I upload it to Tempshare and go to the provided link. It also works in Articulate 360 when I preview the project. However, when I upload it to Articulate Review, the timing is off and after a while the animations start running further and further behind the audio. I published it to my Wordpress site and the problem is still there! Is this a known issue? And if so, how do I resolve it? Is this because the course was originally created in AS2 and not AS360?

11 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Fraiser,

Upgrading a project from SL2 to SL360 definitely should not cause issues with audio timing and animations. It's strange that you mention everything works as intended in Preview and in Tempshare, but not in Articulate Review. Were you using the same browser to test the project on Tempshare vs. Articulate Review? Would it be possible for you to share your file so I can test it on my end? 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for letting me know you opened a case, Fraiser. I see you're working with my colleague Lea in case 01014314, and she is testing your file as we speak. There shouldn't be an issue with using the latest version of Firefox, since it's listed as a supported browser for both Flash and HTML5 Storyline 360 content. I'll check in on your case periodically and share any relevant information here for those that encounter a similar issue in the future.

Judy Bickel

I am experiencing the same thing using Internet Explorer 11 and Storyline 360 and Articulate Review.  I have a module that has a lot of animations and they flow as expected when previewing it in Storyline but when I publish it to Articulate 360 for review the animations are off and if I try to replay the slide they become slower and slower just as Fraiser mentions.   I see this post was posted 6 months ago, was there a resolution to this issue?

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Judy.  Lea from my team tested Fraiser's content on a few different browsers and was never able to get the animations out of sync.  She gave him some further troubleshooting options, and I'm not sure how he ultimately made out with those.

Would you like to share your file with us to have a look?  You can add it here, if so!

If not, let me know the types of animations your using, or the general setup of your course, and I can try to reproduce in a new file on my end.  Thanks!

Ali Goulet

Hi there everyone,

I have some great news! 

We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here 

This update fixes the issue you reported where audio continued to play in the HTLM5 output when switching to another browser tab, causing syncing issues.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly!

Leslie McKerchie

Great news!  We just released Update 3 for Storyline 3. This includes quite a few important fixes and some new features as well. Check out all the details in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is:

Audio continued to play in HTML5 output when switching to another browser tab, causing animations to become unsynchronized.

Be sure to download and install the latest version of Storyline 3.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.