TinCan Articulate 360

Apr 16, 2018

We import courses from Storyline and Rise in TinCan format. But they give statistics only by quizes. If there is no quiz (we check "Track using number of slides viewed") it doesn't give passed/failed, %, how much video watched, etc.

Could you help me, I have no idea what to do.

5 Replies
Joshua Dunbar

Hi Maria!

When you use the "Track using number of slides viewed" option for a Tin Can it will report a 'completed' status in lieu of a failed/passed status as there are no quizzes to track scores for.  If you can please expound upon what you are ideally looking to track on these non-quiz Tin Cans I might be able to make a suggestion. 

Storyline 360 and Rise don't track video completion activity at this time, however, they are able to send the following activities: 

- Module Completion
- Scored or Survey questions
- Objectives
- Course Completion (i.e. got through all or certain number of slides)

Here is some general information on Tin Can Activity Types

Some alternatives/workarounds to consider:

- Would requiring the learner to view the video in its entirety help? If so you can easily do this by setting it up as a required block.

- If you were looking to track custom variables outside the activities outlined above we do have a method outlined here - although this is for numerical, text variables or T/F; this is not something that could be added to a video. 

Hope this was helpful! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.