Translation

Feb 05, 2015

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone with clients needing lessons in a number of languages has a clever process for picking up the text ready to send to translators, where it can be pulled back (manually I'm guessing) into new, other language versions?

I'm accepting a lot of this will be manual, but I'm daunted by all of the text boxes, layers and pop ups at the moment!

Thanks hopefully

Adam

6 Replies
Judy Nollet

Adam,  here are a few important notes about the translation process.

• Use the "shrink to fit" setting for text. Then, if the translated text is longer (e.g., German tends to be much longer than English), it'll still fit within the designated area.
  • In the exported Word file, each piece of text appears in a separate row. That means all the different text elements that make up one slide or multi-slide interaction may not appear in sequence in the Word file. Thus, it'll help your translators if they can access a published version of the course to see the content in context.
  • Be sure everyone who will be touching the files has the auto-correct function turned OFF!  Some foreign words are the same as some common English typos. That means auto-correct can introduce errors to properly translated text. For example, "dont" in French will be changed to "don't."  (Alas, I learned this the hard way.)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.