Translation

Jun 12, 2014

When we Export an xliff to translate it to german and then Import again, all german characters (äöüß etc.) are twisted to ä-style stuff.

we tried changing the eoncoding of the xliff to UTF-8 with or without BOM, ASCII or UTF-16 with no Change in the results. we also tried to encode the characters as html or XML entities, but that leaded to "invalid xliiff Format" Messages.

is there any solution to this or does the Translation function just not work?

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael and welcome to Heroes! 

In some cases, you may find that translating your Articulate Storyline content via XML Localization Interchange File Format (XLIFF) doesn't work as expected. You may receive a successful (congratulations) message, but you may find that your course is still in the original language or that some characters don't display correctly.

This is a known issue. We're investigating it now. In the meantime, we recommend exporting your Storyline text to Microsoft Word for translation if you encounter this issue.

Evelyn Hamm
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Evelyn,

Just including my response in this discussion as well, since it looks like we're talking in a few different forum discussions, and I'd like to centralize that conversation to ensure I don't miss anything and that you get the help you need. Can you reach out to our Support Engineers using this form and you'll be able to upload your project file and describe the different issues you're running into?  Once you've started a case, please let me know the case number and I'll follow along as well. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.