Translation process is adding/changing markup when re-imported into SL360

Oct 10, 2019

Hi there,

I was encountering this issue in SL2, SL3 and now in SL360. When I export for translation to word and reinject the translated document some markups are changes; Bold is partially honored or applied to other letters, some paragraph are condensed or expanded(line spacing), some underline are missing, texts highlight is always vanished and bullet points can change form, color or simply not be there.

In our test, we worked with Word 365 for the loop process and an old Word 2010, again in a loop process, on the same computer.

We also noted that SL360 creates a Word 1997-2003 file... Should we find a 1997-2003 Office Suite to make sure Translation doesn't had more workload?

Regards

5 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out! 

I suspect that it has to do with Word breaking the formatting and spacing here. If the original text also contains any numbered lists or bulleted lists, Word can break the formatting for those features as well.  Another option to consider here is to export the original text to XLIFF

Please let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Techno10 Lorrain

Thank you Vincent,

I am now wondering if this is an isolated issue. We are 4 stations here and we are all experiencing this issue at some level. Are we alone? To us , the export to Word is ideal because we send the Word file to our translation team, no need to change software or methodology.

Is this a known issue? Are there any workaround? I have yet to find Word 1997-2003 for extended testing.

If people are having no issue with this features, tell us you settings, we are all in!

Best regards

rl 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.