Translations

Sep 08, 2013

I have a simple course that needs to be translated into German and Japanese. I'm not sure I should trust Google Translate. Does anyone have other recommendations for cheaper, yet efficient translation solutions? Or is there someone or a company you could recommend that I send the exported Word doc to for translation?

Thanks

5 Replies
Imelda Koptonak

Hi Lucia,

Hi Lucia,

How did you do on your translation project? I saw your post and wanted to let you know that you can definitely not trust Google Translate for anything but informal content that is not used professionally. It is not grammatically accurate for longer text and it does not convey the meaning of content accurately.

Basically, translation is done by native professionals and follows the same process that you would use to create new content in English. It needs to be translated by one linguist, edited by another and then proofread for quality control. You also want to make sure that your content has been culturally adapted for your target audience to improve your training outcome. 

If you have any additional questions about translations, I'll be happy to help.

Imelda 

www.cqfluency.com

translating ideas. creating connections.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.