Trigger

Feb 24, 2021

Hi to all !!

I am trying to insert a trigger in the (=) equal sign (see attached image) were when clicked the total will be displayed, in this case "6" I can't see an option to do so....Obviously I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers

5 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Michael!

Thank you for reaching out, and I'll be happy to take a look at what's going on with your trigger.

First, it looks like your attachment did not come through. Could you please reopen your post and click Add Attachment to reattach the screenshot?

In the meantime, are you trying to use text as a trigger? For example, the total will display when learners click the equal sign (=).

If that’s right, one approach is to use a separate text box with its own trigger. Here is a short Peek 360 recording on how to do that. 

Recording recap: to multiply two numbers, add a trigger to the text box to set the variable Total to the same value as the first number (FirstNumber). Then, multiply the variable Total by the second number (SecondNumber).

Let me know if this helps! 

Michael Pitt

Thank you Maria... Finally I managed to solve this problem !! but I encountered another !! LOL

Let me explain it......

I have created a triggers into a "Continue button"... The trigger will direct the user to an "Incorrect Layer" or to a "Correct Layer" and the continue button will jump to the next slide...

The problem I have is that I don't know how to pause the trigger until the users reads the feedback and then continue to the next slide...

Does it make sense?

Find attached screenshot

Thanks in advance !!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Michael.

I am happy you were able to solve the previous problem! 

Thank you for sharing the screenshot and for the details provided. My suggestion here would be:

• On your base layer, only keep the trigger Submit Pick 1 when the user clicks continue. 
  • On each feedback layer, add a trigger to Jump to next slide. You can choose to either connect a button to that trigger, or you can extend the timeline to a specific duration (for example, five seconds), then make the trigger Jump to next slide when timeline ends on this slide.

Let me know if this works!

Michael Pitt

It worked like a dream !! just brilliant !! WOW

Maria, you guys are tremendous !! 

On behalf of myself and other "struggler's" I would like to thank everyone of you, that donate the time and effort to help beginners like me (us)...

Just hope that one day I may be able to help other as well !!

Once again , THANKS VERY MUCH and keep up the good work !!

Michael