Trigger Conditions; Storyline 360

Feb 20, 2019

Hi Community, 

I'm building a quiz that has a total of 6 graded quiz scenes. Each quiz/scene is accessed through a menu button. The user must complete 4 quizzes/scenes, but then should choose either quiz/scene 5 OR quiz/scene 6. I have tried to add a trigger to a shape with conditions. The conditions are to jump to a results slide when the state of all 4 objects/scene is visited, and the state of object 5 OR 6 was also visited. So far, it only works if all 6 objects states are visited.  What can I do to allow a slide to be accessed if 4 scenes AND either this OR that scene is visited as well? I'm trying through conditions because variables are painful for me. I appreciate any suggestions!

1 Reply
Ned Whiteley

Hi Colleen,

I realise you find variables painful, but they aren't that bad when you get to know them and they can make your life a whole lot easier.

The attached example provides you with a menu with links to four quiz pages. Once all four are completed (in any order) the menu then gives you access to a choice of two more quizzes. Once either of these are complete, you then have access to the Continue button to move on from the menu.

When the Main Menu button is selected on the quiz slide (representing completion of the quiz in this demo) it causes a variable (e.g. Quiz1Complete) to be changed from False to True to show that that quiz is complete. This variable is then used to change the state of the menu button for that quiz, which introduces a check mark against it, and it also prevents the menu button from working again. This means each quiz can only be attempted once.

Each menu button has one variable associated with it, except for the last two quiz buttons, which each have two. The second variable in each case is used to ensure only one of the last two quizzes can be attempted.

Have a look at the example and if you are having problems understanding how it works, don't hesitate to get back to me and I will do my best to explain.

Hope this helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.