Triggers

May 10, 2016

Hi looking to set a trigger so the learner has to listen to the audio then they are able to click the next button - I have set up "until timeline ends" to cover the audio but cant seem to get the next button.... all help appreciated!!!

11 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hey Carol

Create a trigger using the wizard and at the bottom of the list the player buttons Next and Prev will be displayed.

So the trigger will be:

Change state of Next button to disabled when timeline starts on xx slide.

Change state of Next button to normal when media completes 'audio file'.

Now...if you don't want them to hear the audio everytime they visit the slide let me know and I can help you with that...the above triggers must be in that order.

Wendy Farmer

Hi Carol

are you using a slide master?  You may be able to have those triggers if they are always the same on a slide master layout and when you apply that layout those triggers apply.

Here is a tutorial that might help - but go have that drink first!

Where you have a slide that may have different conditions for the next button, you can apply a different layout and add the necessary triggers.

I'm trying not to confuse you but I also don't want you doing a heap of work you don't need to.

See the attached sample file.  Go into view Slide master and see how I have setup the triggers.

Then create a new slide based on that layout and see the behaviour.  Depending on how long the timeline is the next button will be disabled on start and the change to normal when timeline ends and default trigger behaviour for the next button is jump to next slide when user clicks.

Hope this helps

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.